A great place to work.
St Agnes’ Catholic Parish is a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation that has played an essential role in caring for, guiding and growing the local community of Port Macquarie since 1878. As one of the largest employers in the area, the drive for continuous improvement has created an innovative approach with opportunity for career progression and a range of benefits.
$49.08 - $61.12 per hour + Super & leave loading
Registered Nurses at Emmaus Village, will work out of the Wellness Centre as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing holistic health care to our villagers.
You will be excited and passionate about providing excellent clinical care, within a small-household model and in collaboration with Home Companions and the Dementia Support Consultant. Unlike traditional aged care, residents are encouraged to attend appointments at the Wellness Centre to ensure the delivery of appropriate, effective and safe care that meets their health, social and psychological needs.
As an essential member of the clinical team, you will possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build collaborative relationships with villagers, family members, health professionals and the wider village team and have a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
You will partner with residents in their ongoing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to ensure they receive the individually specific care they need for their health and wellbeing. You will apply a consultative approach to case management and clinical decision making, considering villagers needs and preferences.
There are full-time and part-time opportunities for day or night shifts.
Successful applicants will participate in a 3 week induction program, specifically designed for Emmaus Village.
Great Employee Benefits
- *Competitive remuneration of $49.08 - $61.12 per hour. (This illustration is based on a part time basis of 30.4 hours a fortnight, utilising salary packaging benefit). Plus shift and penalty allowances.
- Tailored Relocation support package available - Talk to us today to find out how we can support you with your relocation
- Working for a reputable, longstanding, values-based organisation
- A commitment to providing a responsive and supportive work environment
- Salary Packaging options of up to $15,900 Tax Free, plus $2,650 Meals & Entertainment Card
- 17.5 % annual leave loading
- 9 weeks paid maternity leave
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your immediate family.
- As a corporate partner of Westpac, employees will have access to special offers, discounts and financial information.
- You will have access to great employee perks including Fitness Passport & discounted Allied health services, I.E Remedial massage, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology ETC
- Paid professional learning and development
- Support of a full time Nurse Educator
- Career advancement opportunities and study assistance for approved courses
- Generous employee referral program
What you’ll need
- Registered Nurse - current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated competence, clinical skills and knowledge to assess, monitor and treat residents
- Experience and knowledge working with aged people living with dementia (preferred)
- Willing to learn new approaches and ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Willingness to deliver clinical services within the Emmaus Village service model
- Commitment to work in harmony with Catholic Values and Principles
- Current knowledge of Australian Aged Care Quality Standards and aged care related legislation (preferred)
- An energetic, positive attitude with a genuine interest in and compassion for aged people living with dementia
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with villagers, family members and village staff
- The ability to partner with Home Companions and Dementia Support Consultant to ensure villagers receive excellent health care
- Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to aged and dementia care context
- The ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
Express your interest.
Frequently asked questions.
Emmaus Village has been inspired by a range of best practice models, including the world-leading The Hogeweyk® model in the Netherlands. It is an innovative way to support people living with dementia in a state-of-the-art village environment. Staff will develop connections to residents and family members and assist residents to live as independently as possible. Clinical care will be delivered in a non-intrusive way at the Wellness Centre and not restricted to schedules. Working with residents’ individual desires and needs, no two days will be alike.
St Agnes’ Parish welcomes and supports staff and residents of all backgrounds and beliefs.
St Agnes’ Parish is one of the largest employers in Port Macquarie and have a strong reputation of support for their staff and local community. St Agnes’ Parish offer generous packages to staff such as salary packaging, Employee Assistance Program, fitness passport, discounts and partnerships. Details will be available for each role when applications are open.
By expressing your interest you’ll receive further information about the roles and advised when applications are open. You may wish to apply for more than one role and our team would be happy to discuss what may be right for you.
No, you do not need to be an Australian citizen, however, you must have the right to work in Australia